Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: It's here....

  1. #21
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's here....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Public transportation around here would be nice & somewhat beneficial (although it's not a cure). </div></div>



    Would it be used enough to benefit having public transporation in Wise County?

  2. #22
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's here....

    Hard to say really. So many here are accustomed to driving themselves everywhere, it may be something that would take some time to get a following.
    I couldn't use it for one of my jobs that takes me to various random locations on different days & times, but I could use it otherwise.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's here....

    I have so many jobs because I live on my own, with no support from anyone (including the government) while I go to school. I buy what I want and I am trying to get out of debt so that when Cane and I get married, I won't have any debt that he will have to share, and even if I do, I still won't let him carry me, I accrued it before I met him and it is my responsibility to pay it off.

    Plus when both jobs only pay $6.50-7 an hour, I don't have any other choice.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  4. #24
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's here....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But 3 jobs?? Thats alot of stress. I barely can handle my 1 job. However, if everything keeps going up...it looks like my wife will be hunting for a job. </div></div>

    If you have the luxury of your wife not working, maybe thats why the increase isn't really hurting you that much.

    Your the exception, not the rule anymore
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #25
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's here....

    Our area isn't the best in this circumstance. Rural areas feel it more. When everything is layed out in blocks, or such, public transportation is great but around here, not so much.

    What kills is that the oil companies are having another year of record profits. All the excuses don't add up. If it's so tough on them, their profits wouldn't be setting records. Why would they do anything to benefit anybody else, if they aren't being made to?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's here....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would they do anything to benefit anybody else, if they aren't being made to? </div></div>

    That says it all.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's here....

    These gas prices are killing me. I travel everyday for a living. Our company covers 7 counties in VA and 4 in East TN. On average I would say we travel anywhere from 120-400 miles in a day just depends on where all we have to go that day. Normally 2 days out of the week we make one huge circle starting in Norton to Lebanon to Abingdon to Bristol to Johnson City to Kingsport to Duffield and back home to Norton. And we may be out of the car an hour of this time. So pretty much the gas prices BLOW in my honest opinion.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's here....

    mowing the yard is becoming expensive as well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •